While worries of flooding from melting snow are over, the seasons of flooding from spring and summer storms is upon us. Spring can bring a multitude of showers, and summer’s hot weather can bring severe storms. If you live in the Cleveland, OH area, you can always rely on ServiceMaster Cleaning and Restoration for water damage and water restoration services. However, our team has some tips to help you avoid the hassle of water damage restoration in your home this rainy spring and hot summer:
- Regularly clean out the drains around your home and yard to prevent blockages or build up. While doing so, walk around and inspect your home for any cracks in the foundation or holes in the ground alongside your home. Fill-in or repair as needed.
- Examine the inside of your home for holes, cracks or even old water stains that you hadn’t noticed before. Apply sealant to cracks and holes to keep water out.
- Check appliances after storms have hit your hometown. Make sure your dishwasher, refrigerator and other big appliances are working properly.
- Even appliances that haven’t been affected by weather can damage your home. Always check dishwashers, sinks, bathtubs and showers. Inspect water supply lines and drain hoses to ensure they aren’t leaking or dripping.
- If a spill or flooding occurs, there is a short period before mold will start to grow, usually around one to two days. If you are able to catch the spill in time, you can save yourself a lot of time, money and hassle.
Lucky for you, ServiceMaster Cleaning and Restoration knows that accidents occur, and things can happen in your home whether you expect it or not. That’s why we offer a 24/7/365 hotline for you when water damage happens at the most inconvenient times. Contact us for water damage restoration in Cleveland, OH.